Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fingerless Mitts

I  have had a few skeins of wool in my stash for a few years and have been looking for a pattern to use it for. I was having trouble because I didn't have enough to make a sweater and did not feel like knitting just a hat with it. I bought the wool in Trinity, NL when I was there visiting.

The wool is Briggs & Little Regal http://www.briggsandlittle.com/products/wool-knitting-yarns/.
It is made in New Brunswick. It is 100% wool. It was fairly inexpensive when I bought it -apparently much cheaper than other places.

Well, after searching and searching I found a perfect pattern. The pattern is for fingerless mitts.
Here is the pattern: http://spiderwomanknits.typepad.com/files/peekaboo-mitts-1.pdf

I used 4.5mm (US 7) double pointed needles.

They turned out great (despite the thumb gusset, which I have yet to master).

Summary
Pattern: Fingerless Mitts
Yarn: Briggs and Little Regal
Needles: 4.5mm/US 7 double pointed needles




No comments:

Post a Comment